- BitTorrent tops the list of major cryptocurrencies as the highest gainer since the start of April with a stunning 238.93% increase.
- Tron’s impressive run continued into April as it gained 114.46% making it the second-biggest gainer among the top 20 coins by market capitalization.
- Polkadot, Ethereum, and Binance Coin form part of the biggest gainers amongst the top cryptocurrencies with gains of 37.77%, 22.94% and 29.36% respectively.
- Lesser-known coins outside the top 20 top cryptocurrencies such as Cashhand, KIMCHI.finance and DREP recorded jaw-dropping gains of 38,751%, 21,295% and 10,231% respectively.
March rolled into April and the entire cryptocurrency industry maintained its terrific performance as the bullish run continued. Lots of coins recorded double-digit percentage increases during the first week of April, in particular those cryptocurrencies that make up the top 20 by market capitalization.
The gains by major cryptocurrencies in April have resulted in a total market capitalization of $1.94 trillion with average daily trading volumes of $147.37 billion since the start of the month. Below are the top five gainers during the first week of April.
Topping the list is BitTorrent (BTT), widely considered to be the biggest decentralized peer-to-peer communications protocol in the world. Since the start of April BTT, which is ranked as the 10th largest cryptocurrency in the world, has gained a massive 238.93% and currently trades at $0.01309.
The positive activity in the price of BTT has seen trading volume rise 136% from March to a whopping $11.9 billion. The massive price rally has made BitTorrent leapfrog, THETA and currently battles with Chainlink for 10th position.
Closely following BitTorrent as the cryptocurrency with the most gain is Tron. Tron has taken giant steps despite the typical volatility associated with the cryptocurrency ecosystem.
Since the beginning of the month, Tron has gained 114.46% to be ranked as the 17th largest coin by market capitalization. Trading at $0.1371, Tron currently has a market capitalization of $9.7 billion and, with the current streak, Tron looks set to break it’s all-time high that it set three years ago.
On the Flipside
- Over the last 7 days, Olyseum, the ecosystem designed for stars to get closer to their fans has lost 93% of its market cap.
- MidasProtocol and CryptoAds Marketplace lead the losing pack over the last 24 hours, losing 68% and 89% of their value.
- Bitcoin to face its sternest test as a hedge for inflation in the coming months.
The bullish run in the market and Polkadot’s recent partnerships have spurred the cryptocurrency to record gains of 29.36% since the start of April.
This price gain has seen Polkadot rank fifth amongst cryptocurrencies, above Cardano and below Tether with a price of $43.44 and a market capitalization of over $40.5 billion.
Binance Coin makes the list as a result of its impressive gains of 29.94% since the start of April. Consequently, this price spike caused the cryptocurrency to reach an all-time high of $356.78 on the 2nd of April.
At the moment, Binance Coin has a market cap of $54 billion placing it third out of cryptos with the largest market capitalization.
Ethereum broke its former all-time high to reach a new high of $2,152.45 which translates to a 22.94% increase since the start of April. The reason for Ethereum’s recent stellar performance may be linked to the decision by Visa to use the cryptocurrency in the settlement of crypto transactions.
Having comfortably broken through the $2,000 mark, Ethereum may use this as a foundation to reach even higher highs.
The remarkable run of form by the second largest cryptocurrency has resulted in a huge market capitalization of $237 billion and the last 24 hours has seen trading volumes reach $25 billion within the last 24 hours.
CFDs are complex instruments and come with a high risk of losing money rapidly due to leverage. 76.4% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider. You should consider whether you understand how CFDs work and whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money.