Stocks in focus in premarket trade on Monday, April 12th 2021
- Nuance Communications (NASDAQ:NUAN) stock soared 22% after a number of news agencies reported that software giant Microsoft (NASDAQ:MSFT), down 0.2%, was in advanced talks to uy the speech-recognition company for $16 billion.
- Alibaba (NYSE:BABA) ADR rose 6.1% after the Chinese e-commerce giant said it doesn’t expect any further impact from the antitrust crackdown in China, after regulators fined the company $2.75 billion for abusing its market dominance.
- Tesla (NASDAQ:TSLA) stock rose 1.2% after Canaccord Genuity upgraded its investment stance on the electric car manufacturer to ‘buy’ from ‘hold’, saying the company’s battery storage business warrants the company’s rich valuation.
- Regeneron (NASDAQ:REGN) stock rose 1.3% after the drugmaker said it will ask the U.S. Food and Drug Administration to allow its Covid-19 antibody therapy to be used as a preventative treatment.
- Johnson & Johnson (NYSE:JNJ) stock fell 0.5% after the European Medicines Agency said Friday that it had started a review to look into blood clots in people who had taken the drugmaker’s Covid-19 vaccine. This follows on from similar issues rival AstraZeneca (NASDAQ:AZN) had with its vaccine.
- Luminex (NASDAQ:LMNX) stock rose over 10% after the diagnostics company agreed to be bought by Italy’s Diasorin for $1.8 billion.
- Uber (NYSE:UBER) stock rose 3% after the ride-hailing firm said its March total bookings were the highest in its history.
CFDs are complex instruments and come with a high risk of losing money rapidly due to leverage. 76.4% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider. You should consider whether you understand how CFDs work and whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money.